Leading edge Retail Execution technology must support consumer goods companies in achieving their sales objectives – from the beginning to the end, in an intelligent and effective manner. How to do it successfully?
Meet eight key tips for effective targeting in FMCG sales:
- Plan the overall sales for a given period.
- Assign targets to each of your sales representatives.
- Break-down those individual targets to an appropriate grain level - e.g. per month, per day, per visit.
- Track the KPIs at the assigned level.
- Enable clear visibility of the targets.
- Allow your sales representatives to get real-time updates on their target accomplishment right after the completion of each and every customer call.
- Calculate bonuses based on the targets achieved by your sales force. It can also include other incentive methods such as competitions.
- Include Retail Activity Optimisation capabilities to automatically create a list of customers who should be visited by your mobile staff in the near future, taking into consideration their sales targets for a given period of time.
Why is fine-grained targeting so important for the FMCG industry? If you break a larger target into smaller sub-targets it will be easier to reach it in ‘smaller steps’. Systematic achievement of sub-targets will increase the probability of ensuring success in Retail Execution.
Dr. Andreas Enders VP International Sales and Implementations